The 2021 Ocean Awareness Contest, WATER RISING, invites students to explore water’s connection to climate change, health, justice, and culture, and to creatively communicate the need to protect this vital resource.
- Submissions accepted in: Visual Art, Creative Writing, Poetry & Spoken Word, Film, Multimedia, Music, and Dance
- Open to students ages 11-18 worldwide
- Students can work as individuals or as a group/class/club
- Hundreds of cash awards available, ranging from $50 to $1,500
- New in 2021: The We All Rise Prize ($750) will recognize Black, Indigenous, and Latina/o/e participants in the U.S. whose entries demonstrate notable artistic achievement in their chosen category
- Free to enter
- Deadline: June 14, 2021