Use the filter menu to search by country or category and adjust the dates to refine your search!
Have an event or announcement to share with the world? Submit it here.
- This event has passed.
COAST Talks: Connecting Ocean Knowledge to Ocean Action
8 June @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm PDT
On World Oceans Day (June 8), COAST Talks takes a look at the UN Ocean Decade (2021-2030) and how it unlocks opportunities for innovators, scientists and entrepreneurs in the sustainable development of this massive marine ecosystem. Join the conversation with local Ocean Decade leaders and organizations working on everything from tsunami survival pods to ocean plastics solutions to satellite tracking for whale conservation.
- critical challenges facing our oceans
- desired 2030 goals for the Ocean Decade
- opportunities for regional organizations and businesses to participate in achieving these outcomes
- inspiring stories of organizations striving to make a difference.
Rebecca Martone, Executive Director, Ocean Decade Collaborative Center for the NE Pacific
- Julian Sharpe, President, and Dr. Eddie Bernard, VP for Research, Survival Capsule
- Dr. Anna Posacka, Scientific Director, Ocean Diagnostics
- Anne Webster, Hatfield Group, on behalf of the SmartWhales project
Following the presentations, the panelists will respond to questions from the moderator and audience.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org