Use the filter menu to search by country or category and adjust the dates to refine your search!
Have an event or announcement to share with the world? Submit it here.
- This event has passed.
Discover curiosities of the underwater world
8 June @ 1:30 pm - 7:30 pm CEST
Zoo Basel is organising a special programme for the world ocean day. Learn more about the fish in the vivarium.
1.30 p.m. – 5.30 p.m., in the vivarium and at the main entrance
• A look behind the scenes: animal carers provide information about their wondrous protégés
• Design your own aquarium: cut-and-stick tropical sea creatures
• Post run: Discover the bizarre inhabitants of the vivarium
• Print your own salmon cloth bag with the WWF
• Understanding the underwater world: hands-on experiments
• Family tours in the “Mysterious Seas” exhibition: dive into the dark deep sea
• Info mobile vivarium
6:45 – 8:00 p.m. and 8:15 – 9:30 p.m., in the vivarium
(Meet at 6:35 p.m. or 8:05 p.m. at the main entrance)
In a unique atmosphere in the middle of the vivarium, Till Hein reads from his book “Crazy Horse”. In it, the science journalist, who grew up in Basel, describes the dazzling world of seahorses. In an entertaining and informative way, he tells of curious findings from current research, gets to the bottom of myths and thus reveals secrets about the crazy horses of the sea.
The number of places is limited. Registration is required.
The event is free. Collection for the benefit of the project “Marinecultures – Corals and Sponges on Zanzibar”.
Here you will find the link to the online registration.