Ocean Storytelling Workshop
June 8th, 2021 11AM – 12PM PST
60 minutes | Online (Zoom Webinar)
* Learn about ocean protection and marine sanctuaries from NOAA’s West Coast Educators at Cordell Banks and Greater Farallones
* Enjoy official films for the International Ocean Film Festival
* Learn from a real ocean filmmaker how to create a narrative and turn footage into a mini-documentary
* Compete for prizes by making your own mini-documentary!
Our presentation includes video of USA blue parks and local marine protected areas. We will teach about state, federal and international initiatives to protect 30% of the ocean by 2030. Our program includes short ocean films on marine protected areas, ocean exploration and marine science. Audience members have the opportunity to participate in an ocean storytelling workshop taught by a featured ocean filmmaker. Students will learn about developing narratives and putting together a short film. Join the Activism Challenge and create a short film! Students have one week following World Ocean Day to create a short (45 – 90 second) film about the ocean and compete for prizes.
Please register via our Google Form.
With a registration, you will be emailed an event Zoom link and access to a Google Drive folder with materials for the workshop with all registrants.
More About Us
- Marine Applied Research and Exploration (MARE)
- International Ocean Film Festival
- Cordell Banks
- Farallones Islands