On the third Saturday of every month, join OCH at the Huntington Beach Wetlands Conservancy as we continue our restoration projects in their salt marsh habitat. You’ll be getting your hands dirty by removing invasive species, planting native species, and/or doing debris clean-up around the site. It is also a wonderful chance to expand your knowledge on wetland ecosystems and native flora.
- Entrance to HBWC is off of Newland, just off of Pacific Coast Highway
- Parking is free and available in the back lot
- Bring your face mask, layers in case of hot or cold weather, hat/sunscreen, refillable water bottle, and work gloves
- If you have not worked at HBWC in the last 12 months, you will need to sign our joint waiver. If you are under 18 years of age, you will need the waiver signed by a parent or guardian
- Tools and water refill station will be provided
- NOTE: This is a socially distanced event that complies with the CDC standards. All participants must wear a face mask, covering both mouth and nose. We will have tools and gloves but recommend you bring your own work gloves. Sanitizer will be on hand for your use as well as a water refill station. We will ask all participants to socially distance (outside of their pod) with a minimum of 6 feet spacing.
- NOTE: This event is subject to change on short notice due to weather conditions or health and safety protocols, so be sure to check your email prior to the event for any changes or updates