Search the World Ocean Day database of conservation-related events, activities, and announcements
on the Events Calendar, World Map, and Announcements List.
Use the filter menu to search by country or category and adjust the dates to refine your search!
Have an event or announcement to share with the world? Submit it here.
- This event has passed.
Okinawa International School Marine Day 2022
14 July, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm JST
On July 14th, Middle & High School students from the Okinawa International School (OIS) will celebrate Marine Day, a public holiday in Japan when people show appreciation for the seas and oceans.
Location: Azama Sun Sun Beach, Okinawa, Japan.
- to develop an appreciation for and familiarity with the nature of the sea.
- through interactions with students from different grades, nurture a caring heart and a sense of solidarity and belonging.
- to create a more conscious approach to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and how the responsibility for a positive climate change belongs to all of us.
- Beach Cleaning
- Big word art: write the biggest word you can possibly make in the sand. Think about how you can make this stand out and be read by passengers in a plane.
- Micro-plastics Challenge: pick up as many micro-plastics as you can in 10 minutes
- Beach Volleyball & Beach Football