Orca Month in June is a chance to celebrate one of our region’s most iconic wildlife species, but also an opportunity to reflect on the plight of these fragile creatures.
Working together from all corners of the Salish Sea, we can restore the habitat orcas – and humans – call home. Join us for a month of educational and celebratory events to raise awareness of the threats facing our Southern Resident orca population and what we can do to protect them.
- Adults: $65
- Join us for a sea kayak tour from the Seacrest Boathouse (Marination) to the Alki Lighthouse and back.
- Get offshore with us and explore Elliott Bay on an adventure that changes daily. When the tide is right join us in a tide pooling, natural history walk on Alki Point.
- We will meet at 10 a.m. and after a brief kayak fitting and tutorial, get in the boats and head on around Duwamish Head toward Alki beach.
- Incredible views of the city, the Cascade Mountains, and the Olympic Mountains will be the backdrop for an urban wildlife exploration and journey along a peninsula rich in history.
- Reservations are required, but we can sometimes sign you up on short notice.
- In the event of heavy winds or interest, the Duwamish River Tour is the alternate destination for our day trip.
- Before your trip, meet the guides or speed up your check-in by downloading and printing our liability waiver in advance.