Use the filter menu to search by country or category and adjust the dates to refine your search!
Have an event or announcement to share with the world? Submit it here.
- This event has passed.
Poolewe and Bualnlauib’s World Ocean Day
Protecting 30% of our planet’s lands, waters, and ocean by 2030 is this year’s Conservation Action Focus.
Discuss how we can protect 30% by 2030? What can we pledge to do as a school and as individuals?
Our children will imagine they are an ocean animal for a day. They will answer the following questions:
- What part of the ocean do you live in (near the surface, near the bottom, in a coral reef )?
- What are your favorite things to eat (plants or animals)?
- What animals are your predators (animals that might want to eat you)?
- Are any animals your prey (what do you like to eat)?
- What kind of shelter or protection do you like to have?
- Do you use camouflage to protect yourself?
- How do you move around?
- What do you look like?
- Do you have arms, fins, or tentacles? How many?
- What kind of covering do you have on your body (scales, fur, skin)?
They will also be conducting a science experiment – can the ocean freeze?