Spirit of Gold Coast is excited to announce our 2021 World Ocean Day Campaign, launching on Saturday 5th June and lasting until Saturday 12th.
Join Spirit as we host a week of activities and take action towards raising awareness and supporting the global movement 30×30: “Protecting 30% of our blue planet for a healthy ocean and climate by 2030”.
This year, our regular Whale Watching Cruises (taking place on Saturday 5th, Sunday 6th and Tuesday 8th) will be transformed into special events. Highlights for the day will include:
- Encouraging passengers to wear blue
- Raffle to raise money for the Australian Marine Conservation Society, who are committed to creating awareness and caring for marine life
- Kid’s workshop and activities with Spirit’s Marine Biologist Educational Leader
- Informative lessons for all passengers from our Marine Biologist
- Collecting plastic bottles from our passengers, with all recycling funds being donated to the Australian Maine Conservation Society
- Collecting un-used fabrics and spare clothes, donating them to Boomerang Bags to make cloth bags for charity
- Sustainable Kit Giveaway in partnership with Global Fauna
We will also host an online campaign during that week in partnership with Global Fauna, sharing facts, curiosities, and tips regarding ocean conservation.
How can you support?
- Wear the colour of the ocean “Blue” to support the cause
- Bring any plastic bottle or cans for recycling
- Bring any fabric or unused cloth you have for donation
- Bring along all your enthusiasm and excitement for a fun-filled day to activities and fun!
Spirit is very excited to celebrate the day and raise awareness to protect the Ocean.
COME AND JOIN US ON THIS JOURNEY.