Use the filter menu to search by country or category and adjust the dates to refine your search!
Have an event or announcement to share with the world? Submit it here.
- This event has passed.
The Beach Collective: Beach Action Launch
Take Action: Earn $BEACH
On World Oceans Day (8th June), The Beach Collective are proud to launch Beach Action. Combining the power of direct action and the power of social media, Beach Action is a social platform which rewards people for taking direct climate action.
Whether it’s picking up litter from the beach, growing your own veg or planting a tree, actions which are registered on Beach Action in the month following World Oceans Day will be entered into a competition to win $BEACH prize money, which can be redeemed with one of our brand partners when our online shop launches.
- For too long, planting trees or picking up litter from the beach is something that people are expected to do as volunteers, while the companies who chop down trees or produce nearly all of the plastic waste make billions of dollars. Beach Action addresses this by creating a social and financial incentive for anyone, anywhere to engage in direct climate action.
- While most social platforms reward the shallowest parts of human nature, Beach Action gives status and influence to those who take action on behalf of our planet and oceans.
- All you need to do to enter the competition is create an account, drop a pin on the map along with a photo or video of the action and a social post tagging us on Twitter @beach_token and the #BeachAction. Top prize of $1000, with 10 other prizes of $100, paid out in $BEACH when our online shop launches. Actions are not confined to beaches and coastal areas.
- We invite individuals, communities, and NGOs who engage in any kind of direct climate action anywhere in the world to begin using Beach Action so we can mobilise millions in service of our planet and oceans.
- Any $BEACH you earn can be spent at Beach Shop (when launched) or transacted using Beach Pay. Instead of paying card fees or platform fees to Visa, Mastercard, or Amazon, by transacting using $BEACH you fund ocean conservation and climate action with every transaction.
- So far, Beach Collective has cleared over 70,000kg of waste from the oceans, have leased a seaweed farm in Scotland, have mangrove restoration projects running in two countries, sea turtle conservation in another and have provided over 2500 days of employment to coastal communities in 14 countries – all from the transactions tax of our cryptocurrency $BEACH.