Support World Oceans Week at The Explorers Club – join us to help imagine a better future for the oceans.
In the past, we have made Oceans Week events free or low-cost in order to keep our programs accessible to all those interested in the health of the ocean. As Oceans Week is virtual this year, there will be no revenue from ticket sales. We ask that you consider a donation to further our education, outreach, and support of ocean exploration around the world.
We will be honored to digitally recognize all donors during Oceans Week. All donations of $100 or more will receive the special 2021 Explorers Club Oceans Week Challenge Coin, and $500 donations will receive a Fjallraven UN Blue Re-Kånken. All generous donations above $1,000 will receive a Special Edition Fjällräven Kånken Art 2021 Backpack with World Oceans Week “Compass Wave” Pin!
- $10 – Ocean Explorer Donor
- $25 – Southern Ocean Donor
- $50 – Indian Ocean Donor
- $100 – Atlantic Ocean Donor
- $250 – Pacific Ocean Donor
- $500 – Arctic Ocean Donor
- $1,000 – World Oceans Donor
Why celebrate the Oceans?
- It is an important frontier of exploration – less than 5% has been explored or mapped
- 71% of the planet is covered by oceans
- Half of the world’s population lives by the ocean
- One third of the world’s population relies on the ocean for their livelihood
- This is the first year for the UN’s Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development
- The oceans connect us all
*The Explorers Club is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization which makes all donations tax-deductible.
World Oceans Week 2021 photo courtesy of Enzo Barracco.