The aim of the webinar is to cross-share experiences between the Namibia Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources, as well as key national, regional and international partners and stakeholders in the small-scale fisheries (SSF) sector on developments, plans and programmes to support of the development of the SSF Sector. This webinar is designed to provide evidence required to support the development and realisation of a National Plan of Action for Small-Scale Fisheries in Namibia (NPOA-SSF).
The role of the NPOA-SSF is to ultimately advance policy dialogue on small-scale fisheries and to enrich policy direction, engagement and implementation processes. The NPOA-SSF is being developed against the backdrop of the FAO Umbrella Programme “enhancing the contribution of small-scale fisheries to food security and sustainable livelihoods” which supports the promotion, application and subsequent implementation of the SSF Guidelines, giving emphasis to empowering vulnerable and marginalised small-scale fisheries actors and their organizations to engage in relevant processes that affect their livelihoods.
Day 2 Webinar Speakers
1. Ms Samantha Matjila, Namibia Nature Foundation
2. Professor Alex Kanyimba, the University of Namibia
3. Dr Margit Wilhem, the University of Namibia
4. Dr Ben van Zyl, the Benguela Current Commission
5. Dr Tapiwa Warikandwa, the University of Namibia
6. Mr Ipeinge Mundjulu, the Benguela Current Large Marine Ecosystems