Sunday, June 13, 2021 from 4 – 6 p.m.
Watch live at www.facebook.com/OiwiTV
On World Ocean Day, people around our blue planet celebrate and honor the ocean, which connects us all. For the fifth year in a row, Ko Olina Resort in partnership with NOAA and other community partners will host a World Ocean Day Celebration. Join the two-hour Virtual World Ocean Day Celebration live on Facebook with ʻŌiwi TV on Sunday, June 13 starting at 4 p.m.
The theme for this year is “Generations,” reflecting on the sharing of knowledge and experience across time and generations. The ʻōlelo noʻeau (Hawaiian proverb) is “I ola nō nā hanauna i ka welo” – the generations thrive because of their common heritage.
- Hosted by McKenna Maduli with special guest Kimi Werner
- Local artists and musicians such as Kapena, Josh Tatofi, Ron Artis II, and Drew Henmi
- NOAA and UH scientists talking ocean science from old school biology to new future tech
- Video postcards from youth all around the Pacific
- Tribute to the 15th anniversary of Papahānaumokuākea
- Messages from our ocean stewardship partners around the islands
Pay attention and enter our “Kahoot Game” and you could be the winner of a one night stay at Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa!
Event can be accessed on the day of the event at: www.facebook.com/OiwiTV.
This World Ocean Day Celebration is generously supported by Ko Olina Resort Operators Association, Inc., the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa, and Conservation International Hawaiʻi.