This event is organized under the aegis of the Ministry of National Education, Vocational Training, Higher Education and Scientific Research by: the Presidency of the University Mohammed V, the Faculty of Sciences of Rabat / UM5, the Moroccan Network for Marine Sciences and Engineering (MARSIMER), the National Center for Scientific and Technical Research (CNRST), the National School of Computer Science and Systems Analysis (ENSIAS / UM5), the Club Plastic arts / FSR-UM5. It is a decisive step to take actions and strategies in favor of the Ocean and the Blue Economy and for launching Morocco’s participation in “The International Decade of Ocean Sciences for Sustainable Development 2021-2030 “.
The program of this event includes:
– two oral sessions dedicated to the actions and programs in favor of scientific research in marine sciences and the blue economy, as well as the state of knowledge and the quality of coastal and marine ecosystems,
– a round table which will target the identification of: national scientific teams and programs and partnerships to be developed for Morocco’s participation in the “International Decade of Ocean Sciences for Sustainable Development 2021-2030”,
– a collective exhibition of works of art by painters and young artists from the Plastic Arts / FSR Club on the theme: The Ocean is a source of life – Let’s restore its ecosystems “.
– Present the strategy and the actions and programs of the Ministry of National Education, Vocational Training, Higher Education and Scientific Research, for the development of marine sciences in Morocco.
– Present the actions and programs of Moroccan departments in favor of the blue economy.
– Highlight the importance and role of the ocean for food security, economic growth, as well as the maintenance of life and climate balance.
– Highlight the state and challenges of biodiversity in Moroccan coastal and marine ecosystems. – Underline the natural and anthropogenic risks (pollution and sedimentary imbalances) which threaten coastal and marine ecosystems in Morocco.
– Offer innovative solutions for a better knowledge and promotion of Moroccan coastal and marine ecosystems.
– Identify the tools and approaches that will accelerate the implementation of SDG 14
– Sensitize the scientific community and decision-makers to the importance of committing to the objectives of the “International Decade of Ocean Sciences for Sustainable Development 2021 – 2030”.
– Identify the scientific programs, teams and partnerships to be implemented for Morocco’s participation in the “Decade of Ocean Sciences for Sustainable Development 2021 – 2030”.