Search the World Ocean Day database of conservation-related events, activities, and announcements
on the Events Calendar, World Map, and Announcements List.
Use the filter menu to search by country or category and adjust the dates to refine your search!
Have an event or announcement to share with the world? Submit it here.
- This event has passed.
World Ocean Day Celebration
8 June @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am MST
No matter where you live, you can help protect the ocean by protecting more nature right in your own community! Whether you live on the coast or far inland, we all need a healthy ocean to survive and thrive. The ocean generates most of the oxygen we breathe, helps feed us, cleans the water we drink, and regulates our climate. By protecting our ocean, we also protect our climate, and our future.
Come join us at Reid Park Zoo in a celebration for World Ocean Day! Our Zoo Crew teen volunteers will be hosting activities throughout the Zoo including:
- Storytime at 8:30 am and 9:30 a.m.
- Ocean themed chalk art activity
- All About Recycling activity
- Information about how to purchase sustainable seafood using Seafood Watch created by Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Interactive climate change activity
- Go Green Kits and magnets from this year’s teen photo contest
World Oceans Day activities are included with admission, and free for Zoo Members!