Use the filter menu to search by country or category and adjust the dates to refine your search!
Have an event or announcement to share with the world? Submit it here.
- This event has passed.
World Ocean Day @ Pymble Ladies College
8 June, 2023 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm EDT
Pymble Ladies College and Ocean Youth are collaborating on a school wide event for World Ocean Day 2023. World Ocean Day activities will be held on Thursday 8th June as part of school programming, reaching 2,500 students across both Junior and Senior campuses.
Activities will include:
- Nude lunch – students and teachers receive extra house points for having reusable recess and lunch.
- Nude coffee – parents and teachers to receive a gold coin ‘infringement’ if using single use takeaway coffee cups.
- Ocean themed bake sale – to raise funds for marine conservation.
- Peer to peer led workshops – Year 9 will host Year 4 for a marine science lesson incorporating stories and solutions to our ocean challenges.
- Presentation to an all school assembly talking about the importance of our ocean and what we all can do to conserve it.
Students will collect images and video of the day to promote through their social media channels.