A massive thanks to the many #SailGP Teams and athletes for getting behind our #RaceForTheFuture charity partner Live Ocean and championing the message of ocean restoration and protection.
Image Credit: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQwUh8eoWTF/
Mermaids from USA, Canada, New Zealand, Spain, Israel, Egypt, UK and Australia broadcast live from around the world on June 8th, World Ocean Day. “We have mermaids live in tails interviewing experts at global facilities on WOD. These interviews will be presented to over 25,000 classrooms through our partnership with CILC (Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration),” comments Jeff Weiner, CEO of Fins Magazine.
The live video interviews will highlight several animals including: the American Eel at the Toronto Zoo, Sea Turtles at Sea Turtle Inc., Stingrays at Ripley Aquarium in Canada, Coral Reefs at Jenkins’s Aquariums and little penguins from the National Aquarium of New Zealand.
This is a free live event for everyone. “We are here to help. There is a strong global community of mermaids. The magic of mermaids in tails helps broaden audiences, raise awareness of important issues and present a voice for the sea,” continued Mr. Weiner. “We at Fins Magazine are excited to bring this event to the general public and hope to demonstrate that Mermaids can and should be part of conservation and environmental awareness efforts.
I am running a beach clean-up this Sunday 13th starting at 10 am. I’m running this with DOC and Cloudy Bay Clams who will be hosting an after cleanup lunch for all participants!
Meet at the campground and bring some gardening gloves!
If everyone could please register with firstname.lastname@example.org for catering purposes.
Thanks and I hope to see you all there!!
Moana Pasifika’s a hub to unite people who want to Save Our Oceans. It’s culturally an inclusive indigenous Pasifika platform to talanoa, listen, learn and share. To protect our Pasifika communities who are most at risk from climate change and promote a Pasifika voice to the world, to protect our Pacific Ocean and highlight the needs of all Oceans now in crisis.
Thru Moana Pasifika
- You’ll learn the significance of Marine Protected Areas as you become the Guardian of your own Virtual Ocean Sanctuary.
- You’ll connect with a select collective of respected Pasifika storytellers preserving their culture, heritage and future embodied in the Pacific Ocean – Moana Pasifika.
- You’ll meet face to face with others anywhere in the world to share Ocean experiences and local knowledge.
- You’ll support sustainable commerce where only goods that support the Ocean are available.
- You’ll access and play Augmented Reality games to educate young and old of the indigenous story of the Pacific Ocean – Moana Pasifika.
- You’ll have a voice as you share your latest news from corporate to grassroots sources and chat with others around the world.
Moana Pasifika is a platform for Pasifika people’s voices to be heard in the global climate change conversation especially concerning the Pacific Ocean. So if you want to make a difference then become a Moana Pasifika Ocean Guardian but you’d better be quick because the Oceans up for grabs right now.
Photo credit: Drum Productions
Fun Annual beach clean up of Muri beach, motu, streams and surrounds.
- Boats to the motu
- Arts & crafts for kids
- Spot prizes & sausage sizzle
- Free diving & scuba options
- BYO collection bags, gloves & water bottles
Contact Kate at email@example.com (ph 21144)
Join us in our annual clean up of the Muri beach coastline, streams & motu (small islands) in Rarotonga, Cook Islands to celebrate World Ocean Day 2021. This event is jointly organised by Te Ipukarea Society, Muri Environment Care Group and the Rarotongan Sailing Club.
- Boat trips to the motu
- Kids art activities
- Sausage sizzle & spot prizes
- Free diving & scuba clean up options (please enquire first)
- BYO tita (rubbish) bags, gloves, reef shoes & water bottles
- This is a zero waste event.
More info please contact Kate at Te Ipukarea Society on 21144 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Royal Commonwealth Society Environment Working Group Australia and the Pacific brings together leaders to provide insight and showcase local, governmental, community and activist leadership. Join our virtual event from your country to hear more about demonstrated efforts towards the recovery of our oceans.
REGISTER HERE: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMsdOyvqTIjE9G75NS0Fli6OV0efdJVE_gt
Hear from our panelists below
Sivendra Michael, Pacific Climate Warrior and UoA PhD Student
Heather Saunderson, CEO Keep New Zealand Beautiful
Paul Kennerley, consultant, not-for-profit and writer
Pacific Regional Environment Programme