HEJYouth’s International Podcast is LIVE!
Our first episode is called…
How Gen-Z Has Rediscovered Plastic Pollution
We have special guest speakers, @michellemuchilwa and @sakwamuchilwa from @bring_back_lake_victoria !
Learn about a wide range of important topics regarding plastic pollution, such as…
The global situation
The Canadian Case
The German Case
What is happening to Lake Victoria in Kenya
What YOU can do to stop plastic pollution!
From #plasticpollution to #youthactivism , get ready for an #incredible experience!
Listen to inspiring leaders, #activists and #youthleaders from all around the world!
The #HEJPodcast is an empowering platform for youth and communities around the world to connect, share their stories, work and voice their opinions!
Listen on #Spotify and #YouTube
Image Credit: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQi9uxYtfv-/
The PADI Torchbearer community has the power to influence policymakers and governments around the world.
Throughout 2021, we will continue to rally for support of the We Are One Ocean 30×30 Petition, calling on world leaders to protect 30 percent of our shared, global ocean by 2030. In February, we will ask for every Torchbearer to participate in the Great Barrier Reef Census, the world-first citizen science effort to survey the Great Barrier Reef. We will also continue to work along-side our primary partner in conservation, Project AWARE, to enlist Torchbearers to help save the Short-Fin Atlantic Mako Shark and to continue to grow Dive Against Debris, PADI’s flagship underwater citizen-science program with the power to influence waste management policies around the world.
2021 will present more opportunities to take actions that heal and protect the ocean.
- Coming World’s Oceans Day, June 8th: PADI will be launching an updated and more interactive experience on the PADI Website helping connect divers and ocean enthusiasts with ways to stand up for the ocean.
- The expanded Conservation Portal on padi.com will highlight the PADI’s conservation courses and programs and share stories from the Torchbearer community and how they are healing the ocean and our dive communities around the world.
- Through a new tool on the PADI website, visitors will be able to find conservation courses, events and activities at PADI Dive Centers and Resorts around the world.
- Strengthened PADI and Project AWARE partnership that supports more conservation programs and opportunities for divers to engage in citizen science.
- There will be new tools for the PADI Torchbearer Community to monitor and track their conservation impact.