World Ocean Day Youth Advisory Council Welcomes 14 New Members
We are excited to introduce 14 new members to the World Ocean Day Youth Advisory Council! It was difficult to narrow the 1,100 interested young people down to 25 finalists and even more difficult to choose the final 14. Thank you to the Selection Committee who helped select the winners!
The Selection Committee included:
- Andres Franco (Geneva, Switzerland), Associate Director of Communications, Global Hair & Sustainability at Procter & Gamble
- Charlotte Vick (Austin, TX, USA), Director of Engagement at Mission Blue
- Julia Schnetzer (Breman, Germany), Project Manager at Ocean Plastics Lab
- Hannah MacDonald (Alpena, MI, USA), Youth Leadership Council Coordinator at EarthEcho International
- Sang-Jin Kim (Kassel, Germany), World Ocean Day Youth Advisory Council Alumnus, Computer Science Student at Minerva Schools
The new Youth Advisory Council members represent 12 different countries and come from diverse backgrounds, however, they all share a common love for protecting the ocean.
You can find the Youth Advisory Council member here