Search the World Ocean Day database of conservation-related events, activities, and announcements
on the Events Calendar, World Map, and Announcements List.
Use the filter menu to search by country or category and adjust the dates to refine your search!
Have an event or announcement to share with the world? Submit it here.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Bow Seat’s Fellowship Grant Program 2023
3 March - 3 July
If you care about environmental issues and want to make a difference in your community, Bow Seat invites you to participate in the Fellowship Grant Program! The Fellowship is an initiative created and led by the Future Blue Youth Council (FBYC), a diverse group of Bow Seat alumni working together to empower their peers to advocate for a healthy, sustainable, and equitable future.
The Fellowship Grant Program provides mentorship and funding of up to $2,500 USD to youth leaders who are developing projects that address environmental challenges in their local communities
- Grant Money: selected fellows will receive a grant of up to $2500 USD to fund their environmental projects
- Networking: access to a community of other grantees
- Mentorship: fellows will be mentored and supported by the Future Blue Youth Council
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and interested applicants are requested to fill out the online application form
The selection committee will review your application, conduct interviews (if necessary), and make final decisions within approximately one month of receiving your application.
Applications will be evaluated based on how well the project:
- Aligns with the Fellowship Grant Program’s goals;
- Demonstrates issue knowledge;
- Is thoughtful in its approach;
- Is realistic in its goals (which includes the demonstration of an appropriate budget and timeline); and
- Is likely to result in measurable impacts.
You can find the necessary resources to apply for the program on our Resource studio
- This program is open to young people worldwide ages 13-22; however, applications must be in English.
- Proof of age, identity, or eligibility may be required.
- Applications may be submitted by an individual or by a group of unlimited size. Groups must select one group leader to serve as the primary contact.
- Only one application per student is permitted. However, students may submit to other Bow Seat programs such as the Ocean Awareness Contest.
- New or emerging projects or organizations less than two years old that address environmental issues
For more information or queries please contact the Bow Seat team at email@example.com or contact over social media handles @fromthebowseat