Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and provide much needed support to our farmers and The Great Barrier Reef.
The Great Barrier Reef Water Quality Program seeks to reduce sediment run off entering our Reef through practical on ground actions including native seed collecting and propagation, revegetation and rehabilitation of agricultural properties, installing sediment traps and increasing the resilience of native vegetation through invasive weed species control.
Thanks to our partners at Catchment Solutions with funding provided by Great Barrier Reef Foundation
Roll up your sleeves and get ready to become a reef hero!
A call to action for Ocean, Wetlands & Rivers
The future of Australia’s ocean, wetlands and rivers is in our hands. At CVA, we create opportunities for anyone, anywhere, to take practical actions and Sea The Change!
Over the next 5 years, we are committing to:
- Activating a community of people to remove 30 tonnes of rubbish from entering the environment.
- Continue to work with CSIRO to expand their National Plastic Pollution Baseline Survey across the country.
- Improve biodiversity, climate resilience, blue carbon storage potential, and habitat for our hero species on 14 wetlands in 6 capital cities and 3 regional centres.
- Working alongside and supporting 80 community “care” and First Nations groups to catalyse action for ocean, wetlands and rivers.
Read our Charter for Change 🌱🌊🤝
🌟 Why Become a CVA Nature Steward? 🌟
- Inspiration: Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Empowerment: Your actions can change the course of nature.
- Personal Connection: We speak your language and make it relatable.
- Inclusivity: Everyone is welcome, and every contribution counts.
- Optimism: Focus on win-win scenarios for nature and people.
- Action-Oriented: Immediate, tangible steps you can take.
- Fun: Enjoy the journey of making a difference.
- Education: Learn about biodiversity and conservation while having a blast!