Use the filter menu to search by country or category and adjust the dates to refine your search!
Have an event or announcement to share with the world? Submit it here.
- This event has passed.
Sea Shelter Beach Clean – Nelson Bay Beach, Port Stephens
10 June @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm AEST
Ever wish you could return more than just bottles for cash? Here is your chance. In celebration of World Ocean Day and to promote the amazing Sea Shelter and everything that they do, Irukandji is paying you to clean beaches!!!
This World Ocean Day, to support the amazing Sea Shelter, Irukandji is giving away Shark Bucks which are valid dollar for dollar at Irukandji. What does this mean?… on the 10th of June you can make a difference and be rewarded for it!
A couple of years ago a study found Australia is at the top of the list of nations generating single-use waste on a per capita consumption basis, ahead of everybody including the United States, South Korea and Britain. So much of this waste ends up in our waterways and finds itself in the digestive systems of many marine animals.
The effects of this are devastating to wildlife and the entire ecosystem, Sea Shelter and Irukandji do everything they can to support, protect and regenerate ocean habitat and they are huge supporters of WORLD OCEANS DAY’S 2023 30X30 message- Protect 30% of the world by 2030!
ON JUNE 10th 2023, Irukandji is giving back to those who care about the ocean by offering great prizes in return for picking up rubbish from local beaches. Irukandji will pay for the proper disposal of the rubbish that is collected and they will give away Shark Bucks valued at 10c per rubbish piece so that participants can use their bucks for activities at Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters.
Register fast to book your spot and join in for fun and rewards on the day.
ALL PARTICIPANTS WIN SHARK BUCKS You can use your Shark Bucks for any activity at Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters
WINNING TEAM/PERSON for the participant/s who collects the most amount of rubbish the major prize is an extra $100 in Shark Bucks
SPECIAL BONUS PRIZE: DOUBLE YOUR BUCKS! The Highly Commended Award will go to the participants who are judged to have put in the most amount of effort and accuracy into recording their collections for Tangaroa Blue. The winners of this award will get to double their shark bucks to spend at Irukandji.
HOW TO ENTER:
· First register your details
· Sign the World Ocean Day Petition and share it around! 30×30 here- https://worldoceanday.org/take-action/conservation-action-focus/
· Meet us at the Marina at Nelson Bay end of the beach between 10am and 2pm on Saturday June 10th to pick up your rubbish bags and gloves
· Collect as much rubbish as you can along the beach and grass (don’t go on or close to the road)
· Keep count along the way or count it all at the end when you get back to the tent.
· RETURN & EARN- Get paid for your rubbish in shark bucks to use anytime within a year once the count has been confirmed
· BONUS- Share your photos to tag and support Sea Shelter and all they great work they do
WANT TO DO MORE??
Sign this petition:
WORLD OCEAN DAY 2023: This year World Ocean Day is focusing on a target to get governments worldwide to agree to PROTECT AT LEAST 30% OF THE WORLDS LAND AND OCEAN BY 2030
Please sign this petition to show support for the 30×30 initiative https://worldoceanday.org/take-action/conservation-action-focus/