Use the filter menu to search by country or category and adjust the dates to refine your search!
Have an event or announcement to share with the world? Submit it here.
- This event has passed.
Waves of Change in Rockdale – World Ocean Day Down Under
17 January @ 9:00 am - 21 February @ 2:30 pm AEDT
Waves of Change in Rockdale
CVA is seeking your help to take action for Ocean, Rivers and Wetlands! Get ready to roll up your sleeves, lend a hand to nature and enhance your well-being by joining this meaningful initiative that creates a true impact.
Participate in hands-on bush regeneration, a crucial step towards protecting the endangered species present within our focus area: The Rockdale Wetlands Corridor, home to 7 endangered ecological communities and 28 threatened/migratory fauna species.
- Help us fight plastic pollution and stop litter at the source by cleaning up these precious ecosystems whilst collecting crucial data for the CSIRO
- Forge connections with like-minded individuals eager to make a positive impact
- Revel in a day surrounded by the tranquility of nature, right in the heart of our city. 🌿🌊
The health of our wetlands affects the state of our rivers and in turn the world’s ocean, so let’s work together to safeguard these vital ecosystems!🌊🌿
Roll up your sleeves and get ready to become a hero!
A call to action for Ocean, Wetlands & Rivers
The future of Australia’s ocean, wetlands and rivers is in our hands. At CVA, we create opportunities for anyone, anywhere, to take practical actions and Sea The Change!
Over the next 5 years, we are committing to:
- Activating a community of people to remove 30 tonnes of rubbish from entering the environment.
- Continue to work with CSIRO to expand their National Plastic Pollution Baseline Survey across the country.
- Improve biodiversity, climate resilience, blue carbon storage potential, and habitat for our hero species on 14 wetlands in 6 capital cities and 3 regional centres.
- Working alongside and supporting 80 community “care” and First Nations groups to catalyse action for ocean, wetlands and rivers.
Read our Charter for Change 🌱🌊🤝
🌟 Why Become a CVA Nature Steward? 🌟
- Inspiration: Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Empowerment: Your actions can change the course of nature.
- Personal Connection: We speak your language and make it relatable.
- Inclusivity: Everyone is welcome, and every contribution counts.
- Optimism: Focus on win-win scenarios for nature and people.
- Action-Oriented: Immediate, tangible steps you can take.
- Fun: Enjoy the journey of making a difference.
- Education: Learn about biodiversity and conservation while having a blast!