Join the World Ocean Day Youth Advisory Council for 2021-2022!
Become a global ambassador for our ocean!
Deadline to apply: Saturday, 31st July, 2021
Must be ages 16-24 to apply. Youth from any country encouraged to apply.
Why join the Youth Advisory Council?
- Collaborate with 24 other inspiring youth from around the world to expand the reach and impact of World Ocean Day, on 8 June and year-round.
- Help shape the development of World Ocean Day as it grows, providing new and unique perspectives, ideas, and recommendations.
The World Ocean Day Youth Advisory Council helps develop World Ocean Day into a unique opportunity in June to connect and unite the world for a healthier ocean and more sustainable society. The primary goal is to develop youth engagement and leadership for our shared ocean that covers 71% of our planet and connects us all.
These leaders serve as advisors to and ambassadors for World Ocean Day in their communities and countries, getting involved in their own unique ways in June and throughout the year. World Ocean Day in turn spotlights the ambassadors in a variety of ways - amplifying their voices and work by connecting them to both local and global opportunities.
Roles & Responsibilities
Council Member’s role:
- Serve as an ambassador for World Ocean Day throughout the year, helping to spread the word about this unique opportunity to celebrate and take action for our ocean, develop and/or promote and participate in events in your community, country, and/or globally
- Participate as part of a team with the other Council members and alumni to help make World Ocean Day as impactful as possible
- Provide guidance for the overall strategic focus of World Ocean Day and ways to further generate youth involvement for conservation action for our ocean
- Share your ideas about opportunities for individual and collective action for the ocean through blog posts on the World Ocean Day website, social posts, and more
- Participate actively in World Ocean Day social media campaigns by sharing campaigns amongst your academic, professional, and personal networks
- 1-year term
- Attend at least 3 of the 4 quarterly video conference/zoom meetings