Youth-a-thon 2021- 24 Hour Lineup Released!
Youth-a-thon is June 5th & 6th! Scroll below for full lineup!
What and Why
“Youth-a-thon” is 24-hour livestream that provides a digital community for young people to:
- Learn more about the ocean and conservation efforts around the globe
- Connect with a global community of young change makers
- Join the movement and take action to protect our shared ocean, climate, and blue planet.
This livestream ensures everyone (in every major time zone) can continue to collaborate, create, and take action for a sustainable future.
- Saturday & Sunday June 5th & 6th, (12PM noon EST-12PM noon EST) weekend before World Ocean Day
- During presenters preferred/local time zone; hosted on Zoom and simultaneously livestreamed to Facebook LIVE and YouTube LIVE
Structure of Broadcast
- Each hour of the 24 hours is treated like a “segment” with a different topic and host from around the globe
- There will be 24 different segments with 24 different (but interrelated) topics on conservation, art, creative writing, exploration, storytelling, environmental science, activism, and more!
- Viewers will be asked to take part in 1 action challenge every hour that helps our blue planet and matches with the conservation theme of that hour
Social Media Handle: @youth_a_thon
24 Hour Lineup: