Check out these events!
Throughout the world, thousands of events and activities are happening in June to celebrate our one shared ocean!
June has officially arrived and that means World Ocean Day is right around the corner!
Although our ocean is worth protecting every day of the year, 8 June is a worldwide day of recognition and celebration for our one shared ocean. Throughout June, millions of people will join organizations, businesses, and their communities to celebrate and take action on behalf of our blue planet.
Here are just some of the various activities happening around the world:
- Festivals and celebrations
- Family-friendly activities at: zoos, aquariums, nature centers, museums, and libraries
- Cleanups (in-person and in your own location)
- Advocacy events and local conservation causes
- Film screenings and podcasts
- Art exhibits, theater, and contests
- Conferences and virtual webinars
- Lesson plans, virtual classroom events, and books
- Ocean-related news and announcements
- and so many more!!!
Find an event near you using the
Events Calendar and World Map
Check back throughout June (and throughout the year!) as more and more events are added daily.
For event coordinators: If you are planning your own celebration on 8 June or have any ocean conservation-related activity you’d like to publicize, you can submit it here.
Make a bigger impact by incorporating action into your World Ocean Day activities. Ask participants to take action on a local, national, or global initiative to help protect our ocean.
For the third consecutive year, World Ocean Day and its fast-growing international network continue to support momentum for a global commitment to “30×30”. Find new 30×30 resources to help you easily incorporate this theme into your World Ocean Day plans. You will find a poster and flyer, PowerPoint slide, sample announcement (and more!) to make it easy for your to include a conservation action component into your plans.