Use the filter menu to search by country or category and adjust the dates to refine your search!
Have an event or announcement to share with the world? Submit it here.
Caring for our Coast
23 January @ 7:30 am - 30 April @ 3:00 pm AEST
Caring for our Coast in Gladstone
‘Sea the change’ we can make to our ocean, wetlands and rivers right here in Gladstone!
As a gateway to the Great Barrier Reef our actions can have a big impact.
Join us as we clean up our creeks, strengthen our dunes, and plant up the wetland down at beautiful Canoe Point.
You will learn about and take action against threats to our coastlines, gain revegetation and bush care skills while meeting like-minded people out in nature.
It’s a great way to connect with nature and your local community.
Roll up your sleeves and get ready to become a hero!
A call to action for Ocean, Wetlands & Rivers
The future of Australia’s ocean, wetlands and rivers is in our hands. At CVA, we create opportunities for anyone, anywhere, to take practical actions and Sea The Change!
Over the next 5 years, we are committing to:
- Activating a community of people to remove 30 tonnes of rubbish from entering the environment.
- Continue to work with CSIRO to expand their National Plastic Pollution Baseline Survey across the country.
- Improve biodiversity, climate resilience, blue carbon storage potential, and habitat for our hero species on 14 wetlands in 6 capital cities and 3 regional centres.
- Working alongside and supporting 80 community “care” and First Nations groups to catalyse action for ocean, wetlands and rivers.
Read our Charter for Change 🌱🌊🤝
🌟 Why Become a CVA Nature Steward? 🌟
- Inspiration: Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Empowerment: Your actions can change the course of nature.
- Personal Connection: We speak your language and make it relatable.
- Inclusivity: Everyone is welcome, and every contribution counts.
- Optimism: Focus on win-win scenarios for nature and people.
- Action-Oriented: Immediate, tangible steps you can take.
- Fun: Enjoy the journey of making a difference.
- Education: Learn about biodiversity and conservation while having a blast!